Each employee of the SRHA is designated as either NONEXEMPT or EXEMPT from federal, tribal, and, as applicable, state wage and hour laws. NONEXEMPT employees are entitled to overtime pay under specific provisions of applicable law. EXEMPT employees are excluded from eligibility for overtime pay under specific provisions of applicable law, but may be eligible for Compensatory time under this Personnel Policy. In addition to these categories, each employee will be classified under one of the following classifications:
- Temporary Appointments – Temporary positions may be appointed by the Executive Director with recommendation by the Immediate Supervisor. Such appointments for non-force account positions shall not exceed ninety (90) days. Force Account positions may not exceed one (1) year. Temporary appointments may be extended by the appointing authority if extension of the appointment is determined to be in the best interests of the SRHA, and the appointing authority has determined that the creation of a permanent position is not in the best interests of the SRHA. All temporary appointments must meet the minimum qualifications for the job position as set forth in these Policies and the Job Description. Such positions shall be advertised for not less than five (5) days, and the SRHA may hire from applications on file after the first time the position established is advertised. Applications shall be kept on file for thirty (30) days. Temporary employees shall not be entitled to the annual and sick leave benefits set forth in this Policy, are only eligible for the following paid holiday New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and. Temporary employees are not eligible for administrative leave. Temporary employees are not eligible for retirement benefits, or health insurance benefits, but do receive worker’s compensation coverage.
- Part-Time Appointments. NEED TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS – Appointments to part-time positions shall be made by the appointing authority in the same manner as appointments for full-time permanent positions. Part-time employees are employees who are in permanent status who are not assigned to work more than thirty-five (35) hours per week. Part-time employees shall not accrue annual or sick leave, but shall be eligible for paid holidays, and paid administrative or other leave set forth in this Policy that is not annual or sick leave. Part-time employees are not eligible for retirement benefits, or health insurance benefits, but do receive worker’s compensation coverage.
- Emergency Appointments – In an emergency, to prevent undue delay or serious interference with the provision of necessary public services, the Personnel Committee may make an emergency appointment for a period not to exceed thirty (30) days with the approval of the Board of Commissioners. Such appointments may be made prior to completion of the normal procedures for appointments of permanent positions including advertisement and selection, but such appointments must meet the minimum job qualifications as set forth in this policy and the job description. Emergency appointment employees shall not accrue annual or sick leave, or be eligible for paid holidays, and paid administrative or other leave set forth in this policy that is not annual or sick leave. Emergency appointment employees are not eligible for retirement benefits, or health insurance benefits, but do receive worker’s compensation coverage.
- Permanent Full-Time Appointments – Permanent Full-time time employees must be selected using the provisions in Section 2000.6 in the Personnel Policy
- Work Experience Program and Community Service Appointees – The SRHA may enter into Agreements with work experience agencies and community service agencies including but not limited to TWEP and JTPA for the placement of volunteers or work experience positions. Such appointments are not considered to be employees of the SRHA and shall not be subject to the provisions of this Policy, except to the extent the Agreements entered into incorporate such policies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are Committed to Workforce Diversity
If you have questions, feel free to call our Human Resources Department.
Check in the SRHA FORMS CENTER for a job application